Evan’s marketing experience stretches back to president of MVN, and it was a vital component of his baseball journalism career as well. Beginning in 2011, Evan took on an enhanced role in marketing and project management, joining the family business in order to achieve needed growth.
In his capacity with the family’s heating oil company, he dramatically increased the reach and impact of the company, shepherding a 336 percent increase in monthly, sustainable website traffic over two years. Pioneer Oil was sold to Sail Energy in October 2015, and Evan stayed on as brand and marketing manager performing similar duties for four separate companies under the Sail umbrella.
- Responsible for developing a marketing strategy and bringing it to life across all digital and traditional channels.
- Connect strategic focus through development of major brand and marketing strategy and campaigns, customer and sales research, measurement of promotional effectiveness
- Direct development, management, and implementation of product and service marketing activities, generating business and increasing customer retention
- Identify, evaluate and manage external vendors, keeping control over budget
In late 2013, Evan’s family purchased a second company dealing in glass and window treatments. Since then, Evan has had a significant hand in the business development and day-to-day processes of the company, and continues to oversee the marketing and accounting efforts of the company in a part-time capacity.
- Provide critical business projects with enhanced project execution and design capabilities
- Direct and expedite accounting department, develop process flow to evaluate data
- Results: 20% growth in fiscal year 2015, 60% in projected fiscal year 2016, and 100% since inception
Cooling Service Plan: Evan developed and managed the creation and implementation of a new service plan at Pioneer Oil. See brochure here.
Evan possesses strong management skills. He is able to pull disparate elements, –ranging from superiors and colleagues to external vendors – together, aligning everyone in the same direction. He displays strong project management skills, ensuring each segment of a program’s lifecycle receives proper consideration to achieve optimal outcomes. Evan understands how all elements of a business interlink with each other. He takes care to consider how various projects and initiatives will impact both the company as a whole, plus individual sectors of the business. – Jake Barr, Pioneer Glass and Window Fashions general manager